To the boy who was my whole world,

Courtney • ER nurse. Photographer. Blessed by the best.

There's a tradition on New Year's <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> when the clock strikes New Year, that you kiss someone you love. And I found you. And I love you. And that was our last kiss. Full of fireworks. The kind of kiss that could move mountains or make time stand still. In that moment everything was perfect. The world was turning. It was a new day.

But it was our last kiss.

New Year. That's what we call it. Where we have an excuse to start fresh. Like we're going back in time. And can start over.

You may have taken that too seriously.

Because. For someone who is my whole world you let gravity become nonexistent. And shot me to the sky. Threw me away. Now I'm floating in space without a destination.

I can't let last night be our last kiss. The last time I get to kiss you. And feel the touch of your lips against mine. You holding my face between your hands like grasping for water in a desert. Like you needed me.

You want to be friends. To figure out who we are first before we can figure out who we are together. But I already know who I am with you. I'm yours.

You want to be friends. Fine. At least I get to see you. But I will never stop loving you. Never stop wanting your hand in mine.

The way our bodies move as one and our minds have the same thought. You can't dream of such things and have that stardust linger the way it did for us. Because you were a dream come true. But was I for you?

Sincerely,

Just a friend