Ahhh...the joys of little sleep 😒

JahWill

My very new baby hasn't been sleeping well. He was great in the hospital and the first 2 days home but tonight or rather, last night hasn't been good at all. I swaddle him , he wakes up fighting to get out. I don't do sleeping baby in hands because with 4 other children to tend too, I'm kinda always being needed for something or the other. All night he's up cluster feeding and whining. He's not a big crier, so it's just little outbursts of disapproval. I've been up all night and it doesn't help that my milk came in and I'm engorged as he's not content on the breast. My pump is a bust, so I need to purchase a new one asap. I can't find a comfortable position, though it wouldn't matter because I won't get any sleep anyway and my husband (bless his heart) isn't really any help, apart from a couple diaper changes. He causes my anxiety to flare up because he doesn't put any emphasis on supporting baby's neck and spine when he's holding him, I'm always on edge and can't leave him to take care of baby himself because my mind isn't at ease. It's 6:37am, the older kids are getting out for school and I should be trying to take a nap while baby finally sleeps but now....I'm not so tired anymore 😕.