Worst. Day. Ever: A gross series of events.

Rose • Mommy & Married

I'm a mom to a almost two year old little girl who has been suffering from pink eye the last few days. I've been battling a cold myself, but I'm a strong momma, I push on through: I've constantly been doing her laundry (new bed sheets every day, all the blankets and toys she's touched, pillows etc) while wrestling what becomes a demon when she needs to put her medicine/eye drops in. I had everyone in the house constantly washing their hands, had them have their own washcloth to use, I disinfected the shit out of this house. I was on a roll, for two days no one got pink eye.

I wake up with my eyes completely sealed. I instantly knew, and exclaimed a big "fuck!" I scared my husband in bed next to me. My ear is plugged from my cold, I can't hear him say "what's wrong." So, my eyes are crusted together, my ear is sealed from wax, my nose is clogged up, and I bolt out of our room and into the bathroom.

I sneeze, and my eyes ripped open: bloodshot. And for the fellow moms on this thread, you know how when you don't expect to sneeze.. and you don't clench for dear life? Yup, I peed. I take a washcloth, rinse my eyes, blow my nose. Drop my pants, BAM. I got my period. Heavy, and I start to feel the cramps come on.

It was the worst part because my husband and I are trying for baby number 2, and I was devastated to get my period. Oh well, we'll have more fun this month... hopefully if he still finds his crusted eye, partially deaf, snot-ridden, blood & peed soaked wife. 🤧

After I have composed myself, cleaned myself, and vigorously washed my hands, I walk back into our room and told my husband,"Yea, you're staying home and taking care of me today."