A Little Bummed When I Should Be Glad

❤️Lady J❤️ • 27, Married, Student, Government Worker, TTC 👶🏼 #1! ❤️ 💛 👼🏼

So the boyfriend and I decided to start working out together last Saturday. We are making the best of our month free at the gym to inspire us to keep going when we start paying for it. We have gone every day since Saturday and I alone have gone everyday since Friday. We go for about 40-1.15 every time or come twice a day on various machines and laps and weights and such.

I’m more weight oriented. I want to lose weight and become much healthier and in shape. He just wants to get in shape and watch what he eats. Both good goals for us and uplifting for the both of us to be working together. However, our house is absolutely freezing and since I started working out my scale at home said I weighed 222 pounds. Today, with 6 full days of pushing myself, drinking water, and watching what I eat, I weighed myself on it and it said I weighed 227.9! I figured the cold has been messing with it so I decided to go to the gym and weigh myself.

Scale 1 said 220. But it has said 220 every day no matter what time of day and what I’m wearing. The boyfriend never weighed himself on it so I didn’t think anything of it until today. So I tried another scale. It said I weighed 193! I mean, that’s terrifyingly awesome, but I know way better than to believe it. So I told the staff and they told me where another scale was while they fixed that one. The third scale said I weighed 229. And then the fixed scale said I weighed 228. So I’m figuring my home scale is accurate and so are the two scales.

I’m so bummed because the whole reason I really wanted to start working out again was because I wanted to make sure I didn’t reach 230 ever. But it looks like the scale at home was frozen until today because I know I haven’t gained any (not even muscle) and I feel I’ve had to lose something. When I did Weight Watchers I lost 10 pounds my first week and 40 pounds my first two months. I was dedicated. I feel the same amount of dedication as two years ago. I’m just bummed because I thought I started out smaller and ended up seeing myself gain a substantial amount of weight over losing even a pound to where I thought it was. :(

Just needed to rant, sorry guys.