My sweet little girl in mommys pearls

Kristen

We left gender as a surprise and I was convinced we were having a boy. Hubby's family hasn't had a girl in generations, so everyone else also assumed our baby would be a boy.

although I never said it out loud, I secretly wished for a girl. I never imagined I'd have one, though. I just assumed I'd be a mommy to multiple boys and had accepted it.

When she was born, her heart rate had slowed considerably. My midwife had called for a special team to be there for delivery in case she needed emergency assistance. She came out and was immediately rushed off to a separate area in our room to be assessed. No one told us the sex. We waited until we knew she was ok before asking and I was shocked to find out this little person I'd been sharing my body with for nine months was a girl!

We're so in love with her. My husband is an amazing daddy and she already has him wrapped around her little fingers.

This picture shows our daughter, Bryar Vaughn wearing the pearls and headpiece I wore when I married her daddy.