Normal hgc, but very low progesterone!

Anna

Hey all,

I wanted to share what I was going through to see if anyone has also gone through this, and continued to have a healthy pregnancy.

4 or so days ago, I noticed that I was having some discharge that was very slightly brown in color. I didn't think too much of it until then next day while I was at work. I went the the restroom, and when I wiped, I noticed dark brown with a hint of light red as well. Naturally this freaked me out at 5 weeks because everyone immediately thinks it's a miscarriage. I called my doctor and they said that I should wait a few days, and then come in.

The next morning (yesterday morning) I woke up to go to work and realized I had a lot of dark brown and light red bleeding with clots. My husband took me straight to the hospital where they did a blood test. The test showed that my hgc was looking normal but my progesterone was at a 2.28! Very low for 5 weeks. They ordered an emergency ultrasound thinking that it could be ectopic.

The ultrasound surprisingly showed a healthy sized gestational sac in my uterus. It was still to early to see the embryo.

After this, we met with my ob, and he said he is very concerned, but wants to try and see if we can save the pregnancy by supplying me with prometrium (progesterone supplements.)

Sadly all we can do is wait til next Friday when we are supposed to go back in for an ultrasound to see if the baby is growing how it should be. My bleeding has now been all red like how period bleeding is. I told my Ob this and he said that as long as I am not soaking a pad every 20-30 minutes, to just try and wait til next Friday to come in.

I am so scared and upset by all of this! I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever experienced this, and what the outcome was. Thank you so much, everyone!