My baby daddy is an ass...

so my grandmother died in July of 2017. today is her birthday... I was very close with my grandmother. the week leading up to this day I was so unfocused and I tried to lean on my boyfriend/babys father for moral support but he was never really around.. the day before i thought we would be able to spend time together but he made plans with a random ass dude from instagram to talk about shooting a video and I gave him the silent treatment pretty much all day...that same night he gets angry about something at work and blows up at me... I start crying like bawling my eyes and he seems confused. so I explain as I had before that her birthday is in less than an hour and I miss her and I've missed him and he basically says you'll be okay get it out so I can sleep it off (the anger from the work situation) so of course being the female that I am I cry harder... he apologized in the morning for being mean but we haven't really talked since and he's been kind of brushing me off all day... is he being a real jerk or is it just me?