Giving birth alone???

La

I gave birth on december 27th to a beautiful baby girl. I am proud to say that I was by myself for 90% of my labor. It wasn't planned, my parents had left town to go to my grand mother's funerals, and just my luck.. my little bean decides it's time!

I woke up on the 26th in the morning, starving, as usual.. and i feel cramps. In my head I'm thinking "yess am I finally going to poo?" 😩

I try, and false alarm. I eat, head back to sleep. I wake up in the afternoon, thinking my cramps had gone away, I cook myself some food and while eating I feel them coming back. I start to suspect maybe I'm going in labor. At my last check up appointment, the doctor had told me I was 75% effaced and dilated at 2cm. And I had been having contractions for 2 weeks before that.

I had false alarms before, so I take a bath, thinking it would calm it down and it didnt.

I went to my room, tried to monitor my contractions for a bit, not knowing what a contraction really felt like. After a couple hours I knew. It was while watching Miss Congeniality that it started getting pretty bad. I called at the hospital around 11pm, and she said I could come in. Having no car, and no one to take me, I had to prepare a smaller bag.. which took me about 30 mins to do. I called a cab and off to the hospital i went. The ride was the longest ever. The driver took a street that has ten thousand stops and lights 🙄🙄🙄

I got to the hospital at 12, and I was dilated at 4cm already. It was all pretty smooth, I was assigned a room, I took a bath.

Looking back, I don't think contractions were that bad, still I decided to get an epidural just to get some rest. Might I add the epidural didn't work... my left leg was out but I could feel everything else hahaha. Around 3am, I was dilated at 5 and I was asked if I wanted them to break my water to accelerate the process. At that point my parents were on their way back from the funerals, so I told the doctors that I would wait. I was dilated at 8cm when they came back around 7am and my parents were finally here. They broke my water, and not too long after I was ready to push. The need to push was so intense, every contractions I was pushing without even trying.

And so there she was, after 4 contractions at exactly 8:30, weighing 9lbs11.

Camila Joy.

I am hoping to calm down some fellow FTM, I am someone with a lot of anxiety. I had terrible anxiety over how bad giving birth would be. I was able to do it alone, and not to panic. I am proud of myself. Yall can do it moms!!!

💖

P.S. How crazy is it that after all the work and effort you put into making these little creatures they still end up looking exactly like their father!!!!! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂