My Miracle Baby

Christian • Born 39 weeks and 1 day!!!

So many of you may have read about what happened when I had my daughter on May 26th of 2017. My daughter had aspirated meconium and had a prolapsed cord and born with HIE (Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy) She was born with no heartbeat and not breathing. It took 34 minutes to resuscitate her which means she went 34 minutes without oxygen. They immediately rushed her to NICU and did the cooling blanket therapy. They gave her a 5 percent chance of surviving and if she did survive she would have massive brain damage. Well not only did she survive she has absolutely NO brain damage. She spent 13 days in the NICU and was released. She is now a happy, healthy, chunky, beautiful 7 1/2 month old little girl. She is hitting all her milestones either on time or early. She sits up all by herself unassisted, she’s crawling now, she’s constantly talking, dada, Gaga, mama, etc. She finished all her baby food two nights in a row now, and she weighs 22 pounds! This picture of her is when she was first born and then of her sitting up all by herself. I am so blessed to have this beautiful little miracle and I can’t express how much I thank God for her everyday! She’s definitely a mama’s girl!