πŸ”™πŸ”›πŸ”

Kiersten

I am struggling mentally and have been for about 6 months. I feel like my life as a whole has been in a downward spiral since the day my ex broke up with me after 3 years. Since then I’ve been sexually assaulted by a police officer whom also happened to be one of my dads friends and I’ve been drugged by a guy on a date. Both cases have only shattered my views on men completely. I mean people talk about that kinda shit happening but you never think it would actually happen to you. LADIES PLEASE STOP HAVING THIS MENTALITY. But in my case, those scenarios are very real and I think about them every day. It took them happening to me to realize how real the chances are.

I went to the D.A. about being sexually assaulted and even with video where you can partially see what’s going on, it is still making it super difficult to press charges.

I haven’t posted anything, anywhere about either of those incidents and only those close to me know what I’ve been struggling with.

BUT

Yesterday was the first time in a long while that I was able to see past everything going on, and decide to work on trying to be happy.

I went, got a fill on my nails, got a pedicure, and changed my hair completely. I don’t know what has gotten into me, but I’m hoping it lasts.

Here’s to being happy and being aware