Kids getting kidnapped in public could parents be to blame? *Read description please*

An

Okay so I’m in a busy public office today and there’s a mom who is sitting with a baby in a stroller and she is on the phone. Now she has an older child that’s running around this big office area and is basically leaving him to be watched by other adults who have kids that he is following the building.

This kid is climbing on people and furniture and it made me think of the videos I saw last night on Facebook of people who’s children were taken from public places.

Now in the videos the parents weren’t close to the children at all. One mom was across the street letting her kid play at a park when someone ran into the park and took her kid and put them in the back of an awaiting vehicle.

I’m not parent shaming I’m just wondering when you hear about situations like these what comes to mind and I’d blame is to rightfully be placed who is at fault. As I’m watching this kid I’m looking around at the people because everyone is looking around for the mom to look after him.

I feel like I’m some way if anything happened to the child at all that I’d be responsible in some way and that is not cool with me. Simply because I’m not able to make any fast moves since I’m 9 months and already having contractions since I’m due in 2 weeks.

But this is something I’ve noticed to become more and more of a thing. Parents being distracted and not watching their kids in huge public places so I thought I’d bring it to CC and ask who’s to blame should anything happen to a child in a public place not being watched by a parent.

BONUS question:

Would you feel responsible to watch the child as long as you are in the same public space?

Vote below to see results!