Ttc with pcos (help)

Kara • I am 26 years old, I have pcos, I have been Ttc for six years, I am married to a wonderful man named Travis!
I was told by my Obgyn that I have polycistic ovarian syndrome, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six years now. I am 26 years old and my ob put me on metformin 500 ml twice a day. I am still very new to having a period thanks to the pcos... But I'm not sure if there is something that I'm doing wrong and that's the reason why I haven't had a baby or even a scare. I don't know anyone with pcos so I don't know what to expect. My ob just gave me the meds and pretty much said good luck she didn't quite answer my questions or even give me any advice. My ob has given me an internal ultrasound and a normal ultrasound and she says everything is normal other than the pcos which should be okay due to the metformin and that now I should have no issue having a baby well three months later no baby nothing.... So someone please help me out and give me some advice on what I need to do to give me a better idea. Thanks!