Selfish?

Okay so I’m apart of this Mom group on Facebook, and on this post it was basically about would you have anymore children or not? I said “No, especially right now. I’m only 18 and my son is 2. Right now my main focus is raising my son and just focusing on what I want to do with my life. Honestly I don’t even want anymore kids ever because he alone brings me enough joy.”

I actually had a woman who was maybe in her late 30s, early 40s. (Just a guess) comment and tell me that I was selfish for not wanting to give my son a sibling, and that he would hate me for not having a brother or sister to grow up with because that’s the “fun” part of childhood.

I personally think that’s ridiculous, but am I being selfish? I’ve actually had someone else tell me almost the same thing, and sometimes it just makes me wonder if I am being selfish.

I just feel like if anything it would make me non selfish to not have another child because right now he has every ounce of my attention, if I had another kid then he wouldn’t. Right now I can afford to put him in sports when the time comes, or do other activities. I know if I had another baby I wouldn’t be able to do that. I enjoy raising him and only him, but sometimes I wonder if those people are right..

I guess sometimes I just let things people say get to me and bother me more than they should.😐