Letdown?

Danyelle

So I just gave birth Monday night to my little man and my milk has come in late last night into this morning. My boobs are huge and firm. He has still been nursing like a champ and getting the milk out because they get soft again. I’ve been drinking water like a camel and making sure to use my microwaveable heating pads for the boobs and massaging them before he latches on.

I fed him around 6:30 tonight and my husband looked over and said uh hey babe I think you’re leaking.....sure enough my right boob had leaked thru my tank while I was nursing from the left boob.

My question is now: I couldn’t feel a letdown or anything different in either boob to provoke the leaking. Will the letdown reflex get stronger? Or am I supposed to be feeling a tingling or pain already? I didn’t even know I was leaking while I was nursing so now I’m just wondering if I should’ve felt something.

EDIT: thanks everyone for the response. I wasn’t sure if the letdown feeling should be an automatic thing when my milk came in. Still figuring out this whole BF thing ☺️ sounds like it just depends on the mom if/when that sensation starts. Thanks everyone!! ❤️