Not sure I want a huge debate but...

Jennifer
So I'm all for spanking your kids. I'm all for step parents and live in SO being able to discipline the kids that live in the home, especially if they're ever left alone with them, even spanking them, they need to have that authority, BUT I do think there's a line. A friend of mine has a 4 year old and 5 year old, scrawny on top of that, and her live in boyfriend, admits to whipping these kids with a belt. I really feel like they're too young to have a belt used on them in the first place, let alone the fact that he's not even a step parent, now these kids are my niece and nephew, my brother would kill him if he knew that he was spanking them with a belt, I'm seriously considering telling him. I feel like it's something he should know about, and I'm not a drama starter, but it really irks me that this man "swings a belt" any where near my niece and nephew, let alone to punish them. So I guess my question to moms out there is, am I being over hormonal or over protective? I'm 35 weeks and here lately, I can't tell if I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill or not, and would you tell the father of the children, keep in mind he is my brother. Please don't turn this into a debate about spanking your kids, it's not about the spanking, it's about the circumstances surrounding the spanking that I want opinions on. Thanks ladies!