Heartburn and allergies

Theresa • Met my husband through World of Warcraft. Now 6 years later we are married (10/17/14).
I've had acid reflux issues and allergies for a long time.  Leading up to this month I was taking 2 antihistamines a day plus acid reducers.   The main reason was I also have asthma and any little cough would trigger an attack.  Since I suspected I was pregnant before I even got a BFP I stopped the meds.  But now my asthma is back to being horrible and my stomach hates me.  My nurse midwife won't see me til June 19th (the start of my 8th week) and my primary referred me to an asthma dr who couldn't see me until the 11th of June.  In the mean time I am struggling with do I use my inhaler or just try to tough it out.  And I keep hearing conflicting things about Tums.  I called the nurse midwife's office to ask if they had a list of what was safe and got told I would get a call back.  Which I did after they were closed for the weekend and I missed the call.  Hoping to get word from them today.  Does anyone else have acid issues in their first trimester and if so how did you handle it?