Yesterday was hard...

Myca • Jesus Follower ✝️ Wife 💍 Mom 👦🏼👧🏻👶🐶🐶 Crafter ✂️ Crocheter 🧶 Traveler 🌍

I was in a fog of depression all day. We've been TTC since April and we had a miscarriage in September. I got another stupid period on Wednesday. Recently I just made another post about how for the next couple months I'm going to be struggling with not actively TTC because of my sister's wedding on November 3rd and I really don't want to miss it. Saturday night I went to bed thinking, "It's okay, I can do this. I can focus on getting my body in shape and my new craft business I just started." Then I wake up on Sunday and check Facebook first thing like usual. And immediately see my ex-best friend of 9 years announcing her pregnancy. I don't know why, I've seen lots of other pregnancy announcements and yes, they've made me a little sad and jealous throughout this struggle, but this made me just burst out in tears. My husband heard me from downstairs and came up to comfort me and just asked if I had been on Facebook because he knew. Life just seems so unfair. We've almost been married for 5 years. In that time, we lived in England (my husband is military and was stationed there), traveled all over Europe and some of the US now, done all kinds of exciting things, built a strong marriage, bought a house and cars, and after 4 years of marriage we decided we were finally ready to start our family, but it still hasn't happened after 10 months. I know that still isn't incredibly long compared to some. My ex-best friend got married after a few months of knowing this guy and only married a few months before getting pregnant. The last time we talked, I had said we were thinking about trying soon and she said that her and her husband were planning on waiting for a few years. I'm not saying they're not deserving or anything. I just am frustrated and don't understand why can't it be our turn. I'm not even sure why this specific incident bothers me so much. I guess it just caught me by surprise.