All the feels

Debbie • Currently expecting a healthy baby girl 🌈

Tomorrow is my baby’s due date. The baby I lost over six months ago. So many plans and so much joy and love were ripped away in an instant. My sister-in-law is having her baby tomorrow. A repeat c section that they moved up from Monday. My heart still hurts in a way that I cannot explain. I am so happy for her and this new life that she is bringing into the world, but I can’t help but think about the fact that it should be me, too. But God does his work in mysterious ways. We are expecting our rainbow and are going to our first appointment to see our little one next Wednesday.

I decided to contact the photographer that we had booked the first time around to do newborn and other pictures to see if we could book her for this baby to do newborn, 3, 6, and 9 month photos and possibly maternity pictures if I could talk my husband into them. She emailed back immediately with enthusiasm about us expecting again and wanting to work with us. She is honoring her pricing from the previous time we had booked and has offered to do a maternity mini session for free to celebrate our wonderful rainbow coming into the world.

This has been the most emotional time in my life, but I could not be more grateful to carry this life and hope that this pregnancy will have the happy ending that we have been waiting for.