Can you love 2 people?

Dumb question, I know. I've heard it before and thought definitely not. But, now I'm in a situation where that is a big question of mine. I'm going to try to keep this short. I'm with the love of my life that I met when I was 12. I've been in love with him for 15 years now. We were the off and on couple, and at 16, I met a guy that 7 years later became my husband. We had a son together, and his roommate became our roommate. Ex-husband quickly got distant and the roommate and I became the best of friends and inseparable, until he confessed his true feelings for me. My husband at the time moved into our own place and it quickly fell apart. Mister first love then enters the picture and we reconnect instantly. At the same time, my husband tells me we need to talk. He didn't want this life with me and said he didn't love me anymore. I left and tried again with my first love. It's been 3 years and we have a beautiful daughter...but it's still off and on and he needs a lot of alone time to keep his sanity. A lot meaning no time for us, if he had it his way. The friend that confessed his feelings for me is back in town and I'm beginning to think I should've given him a chance when my ex left. I love my daughter's father more than anything, but we just don't work. I can either stay and be unhappy, or move out and be on my own, maybe give the best friend a shot. I'm lost right now, and may sound like a terrible person. I just want to be happy. Thoughts?