Weight gain venting.

Melissa

I need to vent.

I had my 34 week check up today and my OB addressed my weight saying that I’m gaining too much, too fast. I’m currently at 32 pounds for 34 weeks.

I’m frustrated by two things.

1.) Based on my BMI I should only gain 15-25 pounds. I hate the BMI chart. I was 2 points over to be considered “overweight” but I’m not. I’m very active, weight lift, eat very clean... and have lots of muscle on me. My husband is a nutritionist and personal trainer at a CrossFit out here, so my diet is very clean as is his I worked out before.

2.) Because I eat so healthy and walk an hour a day, (I’m high risk so CrossFit and HITT isn’t an option currently), I feel like I can’t help what my body wants to do with pregnancy. I eat high protein, very low carb and don’t eat sweets. I think we have had pizza twice my entire pregnancy and I don’t face into cravings.

I take my measurements, along with weighing myself every Friday. The only thing that has gained inches is obviously my belly, boobs, and an inch on each leg. Otherwise, I’m literally ALL BELLY. I hear it all the time.

It’s just frustrating because he whipped out his chart showing my weight gain and how it was “excessive.” It made me feel terrible about myself. I’ve been so careful and committed to a healthy diet and exercise.. to be told I’m gaining too much based off a BMI calculation. I’d like to think my 6 pack before pregnancy would argue being “overweight.”

Is anyone else feeling the same way? Or am I just being hormonal? I took this picture today. I was feeling so confident and beautiful.. just to be kicked down. I eat salads every day, fruit, nuts, eggs, lean protein. I even sub carbs with veggies.. squash, zucchini, mushrooms. I avoid sodium... idk what else I’m expected to do!