At a loss.

Deserea

I want to start off by saying that I hesitate to write this because I hate the idea of fueling fear in someone that is experiencing something off or even in someone with a completely healthy pregnancy. However, I want to share my story incase there is another Oct 2018 lady who is experiencing the same or similar situation as mine. Yesterday at 9 weeks I had my first appointment. Everything going as normal. I've had only slight cramping and no bleeding. Nothing to indicate a problem. During my abdominal ultrasound the doctor couldn't find anything. Pretty quickly a proper ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound was set up with the radiologist. Blood work was ordered to test HCG levels. Vaginal ultrasound found the sac and yolk and possibly a fetus measuring 6 weeks but no heartbeat could be heard. The new doctor not seeming to have understood much, reassured me that due to rising hcg levels at 36,000 that I was possibly just earlier than expected. Repeat ultrasound to be scheduled. However, I'm 100% of my dates and I'm pretty certain I'm experiencing a missed miscarriage. 😭