How much water at 8-9 months?

Gi

I need a few opinions/advice, as my doctor and the Internet isn’t helping much...

A bit of context; we’re British immigrants living in India, and our baby is Anglo-Irish descent (there is a point to this, I promise). Our paediatrician has only had experience with Indian babies, and as we’ve found out, there’s a few tiny differences between ‘hot climate’ babies and ‘cold climate’ babies, for example, the advice here is that the temperature is kept to no cooler than 27C/80f for babies, where as back home, it’s 16C-20C/60F-68f - and our daughter who was born here in India, definitely has a ‘cold climate’ thermostat - she sweats so much, her clothes are damp, and cries when she feels too hot, and this is when the other babies here are wrapped up in lots of warm layers!

The temperature is climbing - 34C today, and will get to 42C in April.

My daughter always wanting to drink water, to the point where she’ll refuse food or a bottle of milk until she’s quenched her thirst. The paediatrician has told us to give her no more than 2oz of water per day, but she is wanting much more!

My question is; is it ok to give her more than 2oz per day, if the heat is hotter that she would usually tolerate? What’s the maximum I can give her on a daily basis?

(She drinks about 25-29oz formula per day, and eats purees and fortified cereals 3 times per day)