My husband thinks this is HIS daughter

Erica • 26. Wife. Mama. All around bad ass.

First and foremost, let me clarify lol. I mean he thinks OUR child is literally only his.... not ours, his.

He makes statements sometimes that are actually quite hurtful sometimes like “if you want to visit home MY daughter isn’t going with you” (we live overseas).

Any time he mentions her he’ll say “my daughter”

Today I mentioned needing to get used to sleeping on the other side of the bed because its closest to the crib. We both agreed that since I’m a SAHW/M I’ll be getting up the most throughout the night. He says “no... if you want her I can pass her to you”...

At first the possessive mentality over her was slightly funny and showed she would be protected by outside dangers. I really don’t know how to deal with him being this way against me, the MOTHER of OUR child... especially since Ive made such a huge effort to make this entire pregnancy and so forth an experience for the both of us. Always trying to show he’s equally important because society tends to value mothers more. Could be the pregnancy hormones but it’s really starting to get under my skin and really rub me the wrong way