😭😕idk what to do?

Been with my boyfriend for 9 months. Last night he told me he needed a break for a few weeks because of stress and his family and the test he’s currently studying for. He told me multiple times it has nothing to do with me and he just needs to focus on his life and will return to me after a few weeks. I don’t know what to do in the meantime because I would see him like ever other day or 3 times a week. He recently told me he wants to lessen the days he sees me because he wants to go and be w his friends too. I understand having his own space, but seeing me 2 times a week? I can’t see someone for that little because I’m in love with him and wanna see him as much as we can. He loves me to death and I don’t doubt that but I don’t think I can see someone I’m in love with only 2 times a week. Also my ex and I would spend almost everyday for hours with each other so idk if I’m used to that, but I really want to see him more than twice. Rn it was 3 times a week because he wanted days to study and I worked with that, but lessening a day. Idk what to do. Please help. I don’t wanna lose him by not seeing him as much as I want to.