No sex?

Denedra

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 months now. He WAS a virgin until most recently, like last week, when we had sex for the first time. He waited an entire week to tell me he felt bad for doing it because he feels it’s something we shouldn’t be doing right now.

I don’t know if he wants to wait until marriage but that’s so far fetched and seems so long from now I can’t even see myself being married at this point in my life. I was a little upset because no lie, he is the initiator of anything “sex” related. He’ll be the one to start kissing me, or do things that definitely turn me on. Maybe he is teasing me and gets off on that? I don’t know because I don’t know how long he wants to not have sex.

Basically he doesn’t want to have to deal with the possible consequences of sex i. e. pregnancy. I am on the pill and we can use condoms...I asked him if he thought of any possible solutions for this “problem” and I asked about breaking up. He doesn’t want to break up but we can’t go see a movie, or go to diner every time we see each other. Money wise that’s not possible. I really like him and I feel like he’s a gentleman man and they’re not easy to come by. I don’t wanna end our relationship so early but I am finding it hard to believe that he trusts I can be happy without sex in the relationship.

He literally said, “you have to be okay with what you want,” aka sex. But sex doesn’t make me happy. Being with him makes me happy. I’m conflicted 😐