Induced a 37 weeks and 6days!

Toni

My birth story!

On the 1st of February I was 37 weeks and 5 days, I did my daily routine with my 4 year old son. We were busy little bees that day! By 9:30pm that night I found myself very sore and exhausted so I went for a relaxing shower then laid in bed, woke up at 11pm to use the bathroom only to noticed I had sharp little pains in my back so I sat on the toilet just looking around not really sure if I had to pee or not 😂 I opened the bathroom door and asked my partner to help me off the toilet, as I stood up I felt a gush so I looked down to find myself and my partner standing in blood! We quickly call the hospital and they told me to get there ASAP! The drive took us 20 minutes, rushed up to the birthing room. Doctors rushed in put me on monitors and checked my cervix. Something had irritated my cervix and I was 4cm dilated.

They left me until 8am the next morning and decided to break my waters. I laboured for 12 and half hours, I was exhausted and telling my midwife I couldn’t push anymore. She then asked me to push for another 10 minutes and if baby didn’t come they were looking at doing a c-section! I pushed and pushed then all I hear is babies head is out push again then as I open my eyes I see my little man laying on my chest!

My beautiful 6 pound 15 ounce baby boy finally arrived!

1 week old

7 weeks and 4 days old!