Long Labor, Easy Birth.

Emily

March 13th

I had an appointment March 13th at 5pm. While in the waiting room I started having some cramps. Not too bad but still worse than any cramps I've ever had. when my doctor checked me for dialating I was only a fingertip. When I asked if I was experiencing Braxton Hicks he said "I can't say she could come tonight or stay until the due date" (March 27th). I took that as I was progressing and I will have to deal with this pain for about 2 more weeks.

March 14th

My contractions were getting worse and closer together. It now felt like a belt tightning all the way around my waist all the way to my back. They were 5 minutes apart lasted a minute and it stayed like that for more than 2 hours. Went into labor and delivery at 7 am. I was told that I was in early labor and she would be here within 24-72 hours. Because i had not slept my doctor gave me a tylenol 3. (I didnt know exactly what it was but i had at least 2 hours of sleep and was vert happy about sleep). I was discharged at 12pm at 1 and half cm. Me and my husband had sex around 3pm to try to get it going a little faster since I was in so pain. Right afterwards my contractions were WORSEE. Felt like I had my abdominal and lower back were completely missing when my contractions were at the max point. I went in to labor and delivery at 11 pm reluctantly. My husband got tired of hearing me scream in pain.

March 15th

While in L&D; I was told my contractions were Braxton Hicks and I still had at least a week left. If only you could have seen the disappointment in my face. I wanted the pain to end so much. Don't get me wrong. I was 38 weeks and 2 days. I wanted her to stay in as long as possible. But the pain is just too much to handle! I left at 2 am.. again at 1 and a half cm. That whole night my contractions continued I tried everything a shower a bath different positions standing sitting walking. EVERYTHING for my pain to ease. While my husband slept in a different room with ear buds and sound cancelling headphones to not hear my screams of pain. When he woke up in the morning around 8 am he kept asking why I was in so much pain if they aren't the real thing. of course I didn't have an answer. I had an appointment at 2:45pm so I was trying to hold off until then. While my husband is finally starting to comfort me instead of asking stupid questions and telling me to wait until they get worse. Around 9:30 am I had a very very terrible contractions. I instinctly held my hand down there to catch whatever it was that was coming out when my husband grabbed my hand moved it. it was my bloody show. right after I threw up. that's when my husband realized this was the real thing. Went to L&D; again at 10am. I came in screaming and telling ever nurse I knew they would send me home but I needed something for pain so I could sleep! They just said relax and let's take a look. when they did she looked up laughed and said "no ma'am you're staying this time...um let's go ahead and call it.. 7 cm" At that point I started crying.. I just didn't understand she was coming right that minute. I couldn't believe I did all that at home. I WAS PISSED. Pissed over the fact that the nurse said I was having Braxton Hicks not even 8 hours before that. so we started calling and telling everyone. And even though my plan was to go natural I started BEGGING for an epidural. By the time the future grandmas got there I had my epidural in and was told to go to sleep. yea right! I was so Coco crazy from finally not having any pain. I WOULD NOT SHUT UP about that nurse telling me I was having Braxton Hicks. 8cm. and I asked when I would be checked again. They said not for another 2 hours unless i started feeling pressure and having to poop. About 30 minutes later I asked if my mom could take me to the bathroom so I could go. She reminded me that I had a catheter in. I said can I poop? let me remind you.. yes I remember everything. But I was very out of this world I didn't think it was the same pressure she was talking about. My mom immediately called the nurse. When checked all I remember is her saying "okay let's have this baby. Don't push" all I realized was people picking up my legs there was a ton of people in the room all the sudden. the first 6 pushes she wouldn't budge. Then my doctor said I needed to really think about pushing. I told them I needed to throw up. When they gave me the bag I just burped. and then I felt the fact something was coming out. I told the doctor I have to push and I have to go now. I pushed and everyone was screaming for me to stop. apparently I was pushing so much her shoulder came out with her head tightening her umblical cord. I held of but I really had to push. 2 more and she was completely out. I had zero tears or anything. She had some Sid marks from coming out so fast and so did I. That was it! She is beautiful and I cried worse than she was crying!

Lille-Ann Joy Dombrowski. Born March 15th 2018 at 2:59 pm. 5lbs 1oz. 17.5 in long.