Trauma teddies for siblings.... a good idea?

Naomi • Mummy to an angel ~ Oliver John born sleeping @ 28 weeks 23rd September 2016

So this is more aimed at parents who have had their loss in a hospital and who already have children, though I welcome all feedback.

After I lost my son, I went though a long period of depression where I was not only grieving but I also had limited mobility due to a c-section and subsequent infection. During this time, my wonderful mum taught me to knit and since then it has helped me so much.

I knit for a number of reasons and charities, I knit blankets, hats and boots for the hospital, ‘rainbow’ blankets for parents expecting their rainbow babies, baby clothes to sell for charity etc. I am however always looking for ways to give a bit of comfort to those going through the heartbreak of child loss.

Someone recently mentioned to me the idea of ‘trauma teddies’ and it got me thinking about the support offered to siblings at this time. I was considering knitting some of the teddies to donate to the hospital to give to siblings of angel babies (at their discretion) almost as some kind of comfort, something they can hold on to.

Do you think this would be a good idea? I struggle to know if it would be appreciated having no other children of my own...

Vote below to see results!