Is it wrong to ignore LO's dad ?

Wavey • 🌊

I think my childs dad is a narcissist, he seems to get joy out of knowing hes hurting me, so in order to gain more control over my situation I'd really love to go no contact. He purposely asks about the baby just to see if I'm going to respond. He uses the baby to try to get through to me... It's really weird... When we first broke up hed say he wanted to see the baby only to completely ignore him & spend the whole time either begging for me back or arguing with me about breaking up with him.. So today I've been ignoring him & his mom came texting me asking how we were doing. I'm sure she did this because he went whining about how I won't respond to him. Legally is it okay to ignore him or is that considered hindrance of a parent child relationship. I will only respond if he wants to come see the baby but otherwise I want nothing to do with him. He doesn't really help or come see the baby so is it really important to keep any type of co parenting relationship with him. He's made very little effort in the last 3 months since we've split.. This might be a dumb question but I'm curious