Is this considered cheating or just an unfortunate incident???

(This is long, sorry)

7months ago me and my bf of over 2.5 years were going through a rough patch. I was planning on ending things because I was exhausted by his bullshit. He was being controlling, possessive etc. I had basically told him that our time together was short and that I had interest in breaking up.

I went to a party during frosh week. A guy started talking to me and he was nice (he had also been drinking and smoking weed). I was glad that I was meeting new ppl at school and putting myself out there.

We had talked for about an hour (the topic of whether we were dating other ppl never came up) and eventually it went a lil downhill...

Him: can I kiss you?

Me: *says nothing, taken by surprise due to him being so upfront *

Him: *leans in and kisses me*

(It was a quick peck nothing sloppy or sexy or anything)

I then went home, in shock and kind of ashamed that a guy kissed me and I didn’t punch him in the face cuz I had a bf.

I was sick to my stomach for days. I even had to leave work early cuz I felt so awful.

I finally got the courage to tell my bf what had happened and he was very forgiving and glad that I told him. He said “this is how I know you’re loyal, it’s because you told me”.

My mom told me not to worry about it and to just let it go.

This incident is what caused me to breakup with my bf because 1) my reasonings stated before 2)this incident.

While we were apart I was able to let it go and be happy as normal. But recently my bf and I got back together (after 7 months) and this event is still haunting me.

I AM loyal to my man, I love him more than anything, and I can’t wait to marry him and start our family someday. But the dark memory of this event keeps me awake at night because I fall down hard when I feel that I’ve disappointed someone I love. The only closure I need is to be reassured that:

YES, I am a good person

YES, I am a loyal gf

YES, I can move past this

So I’m asking you ladies; is this incident considered cheating or should I cut myself some slack?

Please no derogatory or degrading comments