Do all new moms struggle?

So, I had my first baby almost a year ago in May of 2017. He's 10 months old now and he's becoming much more easy to handle as the days go on. Or, maybe I'm just adjusting to motherhood. My sister in law just had her first baby today! And he seems like such a sweet baby. My husband and I had such a hard transition into parenthood because our son had colic. It got so intense that we lived with my mother in law for 3 weeks (I also had a csection so it was hard to care for baby too in the beginning). I'm just curious if becoming a first time mom is hard for everyone. I feel like my sister in law will talk about us behind our back like, "they made it seem so hard..and they just wanted a handout". When we visited her in the hospital today she seemed over the moon. And her baby didn't make a peep. I remember our time in the hospital was hell cause he cried non stop. I guess I'm asking this question cause my husband and I aren't as financially stable as her, we don't live in a mansion like her, and we were only together a year before we got pregnant. So I'm just curious, am I being paranoid or do most mom's have a difficult time transitioning to parenthood.. no matter what the circumstances?