weight loss & periods

This might be a tiny bit tmi 👌 ... Probably should start out w/ saying I'm someone who really struggles with body image and hating how they look. Okay so around March 12-16th when I had spring break and I started my period. I was just like "great 🙆 there goes my plans". It was that old blood kinda since my periods wack af and I've not had it for a couple months. Anyways, I just chill at home all spring break. I go back to school and my periods still going strong, mix of old and new blood. Its not causing me any kind of discomfort except for lotsa period poos. (you know). So fast forward to TODAY, nearing a full month from when I started my period, still go it. 😂 I've just been bleeding it seems like nonstop since spring break, having lotsa poo, I've lost about 5-8 pounds... So to my ? --- Should I get an appointment with a gynecologist or no? Like I said, no discomfort or cramps or any of that so I don't THINK its hurting me and I'm chill with dealing with the grossness as long as its making me lose weight... 👅