mental health at work

drea

So I am a manager at a store and I have several employees who have some sort of mental health issues from anxiety and depression to schizophrenia. I do my best to try to help all of the employees remain healthy by listening when they need to talk and also keeping them away from tasks that make them get overwhelmed and have a freak out. yesterday one of these employees literally made me cry. her bf just dumped her and she was in tears in the restroom I went and checked on her brought some tissues gave her a hug and then we spent the rest of her shift working together where I got her cheered up a bit. now the reason I cried was as she was leaving for the day she told me I was the best boss ever because all of the workers know I care and appreciate all of them and because they know I care about their health not just physical but mental. I felt so touched that they know they can come to me and I won't judge them but try to help them. she said that the other employees wished that the other managers cared and tried to help them. I feel very passionate that you need to keep employees healthy to have a good work place which includes mental health. I know work is work but when u have mental health issues you can't always leave it at the door it follows you everwhere. I love my employees enough that I won't make them pretend they are ok. I will help them get all the work done and try to give them back their smile. that's how my current boss is too he really cares about taking care of our employees and backs them up 100%. does anyone else have work places that care about your mental health? and if so how do they handle it? and if not maybe you can get ideas on how to get them to care. mental health issues are the silent killers of generations. I am glad my boss understands that sometimes just talking helps you more than anything.