Wishing for the best outcome

Jessica

I found out I was pregnant last Sunday from going to the urgent care for a UTI. My boyfriend came with me since I was in some pain. We waited about 30 min in the room to hear the results. The male nurse walks in and asks me if it’s ok that my boyfriend is in the room. I tell him yes it’s ok. He then proceeds to blurt out, “well, you’re pregnant”. I was shocked! What were not at all expecting that result! Wow!!

The concern I have though, is that I just was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive lobular breast cancer back in August of 2017. I went through with a double mastectomy in September, didn’t have to do radiation or chemo (soooo happy). The treatment that I’m on is tamoxifen. Been on that since October.

Although tamoxifen helps induce pregnancy (which I didn’t know) it’s not all good to be on it while you’re pregnant. My concern is what has this done to the baby? I’m freaking out and I have my first OB/GYN appointment today. I’m not sure what my options are at this point. I’m hoping to have a healthy pregnancy