ever broken up and he doesn't want you back?

First time this happens to me, but I met a great guy a couple months back. He's the nerdy type, has a career, college education, owns a house, a car and is 29. I met him online and we went on 2 dates. We were great together. We stayed out on the town til 3 am on one of those nights. We kissed, we hugged. He told me it was so fun. A few days later, we got into an argument over my dog (he said he'd hit her). I blew up on him and told him I wanted to end it. I told him he talks too much (what I really meant is that he has no filter, he has called one of my dogs ugly before, he's told me he prefers a rival college over the one I went to eventho he didn't even go to the rival college he likes more, he went to a public state college that can't compete). Anyway, the next morning, I realized I had overreacted and apologized profusely. He said no, that I had anger issues and that he was hurt bc I said he talked to much. I mean he does talk too much, he hardly let's me speak or asks me any questions about myself. But what I meant that day was that he had no filter, just didn't articulate it. I explained and said sorry, called him, he wouldn't pick up. So it was over. And I was crushed. A few days letter I sent him a gift at work and he didn't text me til night saying thanks and that it was unnecessary. It's been 2 months and he has literally shunned me out. He is the lonely type too, I know. He doesn't have a ton of friends and he is so distant from his family. I really thought he'd ask me to get back with him :( I am sooo crushed. It's all my stupid fault and I'm hurting so much. I feel like I can't move on. He's always at the back of my mind eventho I'm super busy. I think I was falling inlove with him. Have any of you guys dated these cold types?