i have a crush— requited or unrequited?

just call me rose, x

i really hope somehow gives me their pov on this because i really need it! okay, so there was this new guy who came to our school all the way from mississippi ( to california ) and when i saw him, i thought he was cute. later and later though, he became more attractive and when we starting talking ( everyday talking about random stuff, mostly school related though ) i find him more attractive. he's a quiet + shy (?) kinda guy, but he does talk to you if you soeak to him. i've noticed he doesn't really start a conversation unless he has to ( to ask me for paper one time, and pencil another time, and something about the homework or whatever ). he's that way w everybody. but okay, he really is hot— my friend went to the gym once and saw him working out and i can only imagine how freaking good he looks. but yeah, looks aside, as i said, we sometimes talk and i'm a really lame person but when i make joke, he chuckles or grins or whatever and it's like ...wow. i made you smile and laugh. it's a great feeling, you know? but yeah.

AND

my friend said that she saw him staring at me "4 times in 30 minutes" and she swears up and down, and i believe her because i always catch him looking at me, but then i don't know if it's just a tendency of his? cause he usually keeps to himself, and maybe he likes to observe? honestly, i don't really know. but he does it and it's obvious cause i catch him in thr corner of my eye and when i turn around, he's suddenly infested in his work so hM a lil sus there .

but anyways, i'm not a besutiful person and i admit it; the only thing that i kinda have is a funny ish personality cause i mean i'm always nice to people + i hate bullying w all my life so yeah. but i mean, idk what it means !! does he like me? does he not? i'm totslly confused. any help would be appreciated! thank you so much ! <333