FTM miracle birth story

Mazzy • FTM to baby Victoria Rose 🌹❤️💕 U.S Army soldier and Marine Corps Wife❤️🇺🇸

This app got me through my pregnancy and i still use it every day but never took the time to type out my birth story. Well I'm super late....about two months late so I'll just get started!!

February 16, 2018 at 10 AM exactly The second I woke up I felt this warm fluid come out. My water broke. I jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom to make sure and it just kept coming out so I put on a heavy pad and called my best friend. she came over immediately then my husband and eventually my mom and sister came on a 4 hour drive. My contractions started not too long after my water broke but they stopped about two hours after. So my midwife calls me to check up on me and my contractions. I told her that they stopped and she told me I had to go in to the hospital immediately. By the time I got to L&D; it was almost 6. I know I'm terrible....so they induced me starting at 7:30 PM. by 12am I was in a lot of pain. 3am my contractions were coming so quickly and hard without breaks it was crazy. see the thing was that I was supposed to be monitored but all the nurses were delivering. So I finally call a nurse because I had to go to the bathroom. I had bad gas pain mixed with excruciating contractions. Nurse informed me that they had to check me since having to poop (sorry) is a sign of baby coming. I knew it wasn't the baby but I let her check me. At my checkup the week prior I was a centimeter and a half. Ladies tell me why I was in so much pain and my contractions were so strong yet she tells me I'm still only a centimeter and a half dilated??!!

I flipped out. I just looked at my husband and said NO! I'm not doing this. I want the epidural. I figured they wouldn't give it to me because I wasn't dilated much but the nurse told me she can see how strong my contractions were and that they never should've gotten that bad. I literally had 5 seconds in between a couple of them in a row. they agreed to give me the epidural and I got it by 7:15am.

Not only that but they had to try to figure out why I wasn't progressing. My daughter was positioned wrong and the side of her head was hitting my cervix not allowing me to dilate. So I had to be moved from one side to the other every hour to try to get her to move into the right position. I was threatened with a c-section of course. I didn't get any sleep because of everything and once I had the epidural I was shaking uncontrollably so I couldn't sleep. I finally slept for about 4 hours and woke up at 2pm. The nurse checked me and I was at 10 centimeters. She called my midwife and told me to do some practice pushes. I pushed her out in 10 minutes.

My beautiful baby girl was born at 3:18pm on February 17th. She was 5lbs12oz born at 39 weeks.

The miracle part was that she had a really short cord. Its incredibly rare and most babies don't make it but my baby girl was born so healthy. A part of me was mad that my doctor and midwife didn't catch it but the other part of me knows I wouldn't have been able to handle it.I thank God for her every single day. Shes an amazing baby and just a complete blessing. I would do it all over again.