Birth of my twins at 32 weeks

Ally • Mom to twin boys born 4.16.18 💙💙

At 32 weeks and 2 days, I started cramping. Didn’t really think anything of it, as i had had the flu for the last week. I figured I was just dehydrated and needed some fluids. 11pm on 4/14 the cramps got worse. I called my husband and told him we needed to go to l&d; to get checked out. I probably needed some iv fluids. We drove to the hospital in the middle of winter storm xanto. Once there, I was checked and having regular contractions and dilated to 2. Que freaking out. This can’t be happening. I was given meds to stop my labor and steroids for the boys lungs. We were then hunkered down to see what would happen. Morning came and I was checked again. 4-5 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Fuck me. The plan went from wait and see to let’s get Mom to a hospital with a NICU asap. Only one hospital agreed to this and sent over an ambulance. They didn’t think they could stop my labor any longer so at that point I was given an epidural and waited. Because of the weather, the ambulance got about an hour from the hospital and decided it was too dangerous. They turned around. Fuck me again. The plan then went from delivering to keeping me pregnant til the weather cooperated. I got put on magnesium to slow contractions and he boys got another round of steroids that night. Finally on 4/16 the weather was good enough to have a NICU team come with two ambulances. We had a c section and at 1:08 and 1:10 pm the boys came screaming into our lives. At just over 32 weeks.

Luca James- 3 pounds 5 oz

And

Leo Michael- 3 pounds 15 oz

Both boys are in the NICU still but off of all supports. Mom and Dad are so in love.