Babies and Medical School?

Cara

Hey guys! I’m 21, my fiancé is 23, we’re getting married next June, we’ll be 22 and 24 by then. I’m starting medical school this Fall and my FH has a great job, we are financially stable and have been saving since we first got together, so we are doing well for ourselves, for being young! So we are considering TTC following the wedding, not because we feel rushed or anything but because being a mom is all I’ve ever dreamt of/wanted. I nanny part-time during the semester and full-time over the summer, and have been doing so for the last 6 years, I also hope to be a pediatrician, so kids are clearly my life.

I’m also not your typical 21 year old, I spent my 21st birthday in the library, and not to mention I hate drinking, bars and clubs (though I’m regularly forced to go out). I’ve always just been more mature than my age group, and have always wanted the mother/wife life for myself.

So long story short, are there any women who have gone through any time of graduate schooling pregnant, or with kids? And for women who work, will the “mom guilt” go away? Or do you always feel bad for leaving your babies? (Sorry for the long story)