Help! ‼️

Miranda

Okay so I’m new to the pill. I’ve had the IUD for the past year and a half and recently got on the 3 month pill. I’ve been taking the pill every day, at the same time for 5 weeks, going on 6. Since day 2 of the pill I have been having black/dark brown bleeding.

I know that it’s just old blood and that my body will take about 3 months to fully adjust, but I’m worried that this much bleeding isn’t normal. I mean, it’s every day, all day and I don’t see it lightening up or slowing down. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:

My doctor switched me to a different pill with less estrogen. The bleeding almost immediately stopped and the heart palpitations have decreased along with the anxiety. But now I can’t sleep! I’ve never had a problem going or staying asleep before. But now I’m waking up at night wide awake. And it started almost simultaneously with the new pill! Ugh, I don’t know what to do! I’m supposed to call back at the end of the month to give him an update on how I feel but I really don’t want to put my body through more hormone changes again! 😔