Trade Families?

October Momma • 22 year old happily married mother of boy girl twins, Emma and Alden, born 10/11/17😊

Short version: My grandparents are kicking my mom out forcing her and my brother to live with me even though I cannot support them. I have 6 month old twins to care for and my husband is the only one working full time right now. They are doing this while they try to control every aspect of my life and everyone else’s because they can’t handle not being in control.

Long Version: My mom got divorced a few years ago because my step dad is a piece of crap. He is a prescription drug addict who will and has abused anyone who lets him. When they split she started working to get her degree. She couldn’t afford to be in school full time and work full time and wracked up a lot of debt trying to get by while in school. She gets good grades, still works, and helps care for their home. They asked her to move in last year to help alleviate some of her financial struggles. My almost 18 year old brother still lived with her so he moved in with them as well. She graduates in May and they are kicking her out in August after she finishes her internship. They think in 3 weeks she will be able to get a job, save money, and raise her credit score enough to get an apartment and afford living on her own. That isn’t even slightly possible. Her only option is to move in with me or get a place with her BF of 3 months. My grandma said she would rather her live in low income housing on the bad side of town than have her continue living with them. Why? Her car broke so she’s had to borrow one of theirs, her room is messy, and my grandma who doesn’t work cannot have a desk right now. Why is this ridiculous? First of all, all their reasons for wanting her out will be fixed as soon as she graduates. Second of all, no one can afford to take her in. Financially this will hit us hard. She is THEIR daughter. THEIR responsibility. Not ours. I love my mom and we are super close but I’m afraid us living together will ruin our relationship. We just bought a new house that has room for her and I will let her move in without complaint and let her stay as long as she would like. She’s my mom and I’d do anything for her just like she sacrificed for us growing up. What really pisses me off is my grandma is telling my mom how she thinks my mother boyfriend should run his life and what his parents should make him do. She does this to me too. We have a shipping container in the yard of our new house. It’s brand new and honestly just looks like a shed. She wants me to make my husband get rid of it. She will never see it. It’s my house and it doesn’t bother me. Yet everyday she calls and tells me how it needs to go. If she isn’t calling about that she is calling or texting telling me how to raise my kids, what to feed my kids, what I need to be doing for myself, what activities she doesn’t think I should be doing anymore because I’m a mom, what games I shouldn’t play with my twins, or how to keep/clean/decorate my house. My kids are well cared for, I make all their food from scratch, I eat 3 meals a day, I do actually exercise, and my house stays adequately clean. It’d be cleaner but two babies makes that hard! I know I’m not perfect but I’m just trying to navigate this the best way I know how and enjoying figuring it out on my own. Ugh! I’m so freaking stressed and done with family! (If I don’t listen to her, she tries to force other people to call me and tell me what to do and she does the same to me when other people don’t listen to her.) **Rant over!**