Claiming and Naming!

Stormy • I’m Stormy and I’m 26. I am mommy to Riley Renee 1/22/15 💖 and River Garrison 1/11/19 💙

Ok ladies so my hubby and I are TTC #2. I posted yesterday about a name we had picked out for our future baby. I’m beginning my two week wait and claiming that we did it this month! To help me get through the next 10-13 days, I’m thinking about this name. We love River for a first name for either gender, but the middle name is up in the air. We liked Rain but after getting some opinions we agree it’s too themey and naturey. For a boy we considered Garrison for the middle name. That’s my dads middle name and he goes by Gary so it would be a nice gesture for my dad. Our daughter has my moms middle name so that would continue the passing down of middle names too. My niece has my mother in laws middle name (his mom) so that’s out, and we just don’t like his dads name at all so we don’t want to pass that down, plus we feel like since they kids carry his last name that’s continuing the name for him anyway. I’m pretty set on River Garrison for a boy at this point considering everything I just explained, but we are lost on a middle name for a girl. My grandma isn’t a fan of her name or I would use it, and my sister carries my grandmas maiden name as her middle name so she has a namesake already too. Again my sis in law gave our niece part of their grandmas name so she has her namesake too. I like the idea of a family name since our oldest has one for her middle name, but I’m not a big fan of any of the other ones we have to choose from. Rain was kind of a way to pass down my name because my name is Stormy, but River Rain is a bit much. Anyone want to throw in some suggestions? Also open to Rain for a first name for a girl instead of River. One last suggestion I had but hubby isn’t a big fan of is Rebecca Rain. Rebecca is my given middle name but I gave it up when I married him to keep my maiden name as my legal middle name. It was my moms grandmothers name so it would be a tribute to her and a nice gesture for my mom and grandma giving our daughter back a name that belonged to someone who meant a lot to them, and she would go by Rain which would be neat because hubby goes by his middle name. Thoughts? Here are a few family names for reference: Betty, Jane, Rebecca. Our oldest is Riley Renee and she goes by Riley. She is 3 almost 3 and a half and ready for a baby brother or sister. Baby dust to everyone trying and thanks for reading this!