This isn't what I thought it would be like....

Tara

I just have to vent for a second.

I'm in an interracial marriage with my husband- I'm white and he's black.

After yesterday's ruling- I was so happy, I changed my profile picture to rainbow colors just like so many other people and I posted this beautifully stated article about how interracial marriage was outlawed until '67 and this decision is just another step in the right direction for love...and so on and so forth...

Anyways, my husband's side of the family didn't like that I supported this cause ( mind you, I was not AT ALL rubbing it in anyone's face). I posted one article and added " what a great day for america". They went to town on me. I kept it civil, saying that I respected that we were never going to agree and that was fine, I even apologized and said "I love you". Once that didn't get a rise out of me- they began attacking my race- " you can't possibly understand my struggle" kind of stuff. ( Where did that EVEN come from!?) I just stopped replying...

Okay- and the second thing- I got my bfp about 3 weeks ago...my husband has been " trying to put a baby in it" since before we were married and when I found out, I was devastated because I had just started a new job and I was really overwhelmed, like " this is the worst timing EVER"...I told my mom and got the most terrible reaction... "oh....wow." and my sister " are you going to get an abortion, or what?" My husband doesn't talk about anything but his new job...he won't shut up about it. ( We were both blessed with great new jobs at about the same time) and if I act even a little crazy- he doesn't attribute it to my pregnancy, but instead says " God, you need therapy." Every milestone in my life has been this lack-luster, wedding, wedding dress shopping...I thought this would be different.

At this point, I think I do need therapy...

Thanks for listening, ladies.