Group B strep test

Tiphanie

So today I had my strep B test!! Let me just say that I have been worrying about this test since my last appointment when I was told I was gonna get it... I was in the dark about what was actually gonna happen... so I googled and even searched on here.. I found some info but not much really.. I didn’t know if it was gonna be painful 😣 if something was gonna be inserted into my body... I just didn’t know... and even though I’m pregnant I don’t get ANY internal exams ... no pelvic exams.... none of those.. anyways...

So back to the strep B... I’ll explain exactly what happened at my appointment..

I, of course, had to be bottom less.. (which I just hate) my legs had be up a bit.. (another really uncomfortable thing for me) .... my doctor came in with this long sterile (inside a sterile unopened package) q-tip. She simply rubbed then inserted ( a tiny bit) of the q-tip on my Vaginal opening.. she honesty barely went in... then she proceeded with the same q-tip to rub it on along the inside of my butt cheeks.. she rubbed along my anus opening but never went inside...

And that was it... I was so upset with myself for getting worked up about this and worrying about it for 2 weeks!! It’s really nothing.... it was over in less than 30 seconds...

I believe they don’t do the test until it 36 weeks along... and it’s to find out if you have GBS (group B streptococcus).. it can be fatal to ur baby so if u have it they know they will have to give u antibiotics during child birth..

I’m having a scheduled C section and still had to have the test performed.