Missed opportunity?

So, my current job I seriously hate (I’m still in college too so it’s not a career or anything).

I’ve been looking for a new job for awhile & I found a great company that would give me experience in my area of study too. On my application I applied for 2 positions that they had available, I got a call back to come in for an interview - they only mentioned one of the job positions. So, I asked if the other position (that I really preferred to have) was still available. They said yes it is. Fast forward to the interview, it was with 2 different people (higher ups) and not the HR person I spoke with previously. The entire interview was focused on the 1 position that I wasn’t as interested in. I expressed this, and they told me the other (that I really wanted) is not available anymore.

I’m really bummed! I got a call today offering me the position that I didn’t want, so I declined. Now I keep second guessing myself because I feel like I lost my only opportunity out of this shit hole of a job I have now.

Any advice? :/ sorry this post is so long.