I’ll never have a little waist... UPDATE

Jen • 72/84kg BodaryStrong Powerlifter💪🏻 Wannabe yogi 🧘🏼‍♀️ Exercise Science Major 🤓📚 Happy wife❤️

So I guess I’m just have to grow a thiccc back instead 🔥😈

Gaining weight is typically thought of as negative thing, but as any lifter knows, gaining real lean muscle mass also means putting on some body fat as well. THAT IS NOT A BAD THING!! Sure, I’m not nearly as shreddy as I was last summer, but in addition to gaining some body fat, I’ve also put on a considerable amount of muscle and my strength has been climbing!

Not to mention, I can always tighten up my diet and lose the body fat if I feel like it.

As an athlete and a woman, I have always had a fear of gaining weight. I had this idea that if my bodyweight got above a certain point, it meant I was failing or doing something wrong. Lifting weights has helped me learn that NOBODY GIVES A FUCK what you weigh and as long as you’re taking your health into consideration, it seriously doesn’t matter at all what the scale says.

tl;dr eat lots of food, lift lots of weights, and love yo body❤️

PS. I need a tan 😂😂😂

UPDATE: you guys are motivating TF out me with all of your kind words and personal progress pictures! I love love love seeing strong women encouraging each other and sharing the body love!

Real talk though... this is what I look like 90% of the time. It’s been like 90 here in Michigan, so all of my lifting comes with bonus cardio just by existing 😂😂

After 340# for 4x5