I have an HONEST question about government

Please don’t call me stupid because I’m only 17 and I’m on here to track my period, I don’t know much about government or history as I am doing horribly in school. I have a learning disability and I’m almost failing.. But anyways...

Why can’t the us GOVERNMENT make it so they can just print off money and take away their debt they owe themselves . Why can’t they legally do that now?

Can’t they just make money and pay off the debt with that new money? And NOT change any wages or anything, just simply get rid of the debt to themselves. I understand it may be illegal(or is it?) but can’t they create a legal way to do so?

Edit : but they don’t release any money out anywhere else.. without causing inflation. Just simply paying their debt off. Not highering wages or inflation

I don’t think anyone understands. They won’t do it again they just do it once and just release that money. Then not allow it to happen again. Like they won’t “tell anyone” or even if they do have EVERYTHING stay the same. Like gas milk etc and have them not go through a bank