Natural Hair “Journey” ish thing

Ty

So I was giving my hair a much needed wash and deep condition and I noticed when I was finished just how curly my hair was. Not like a “wow all my life I never knew my hair was curly, what a revelation” but more like how a couple years ago it didn’t look like that.

I used to have crazy bad heat damage since I used to straighten my hair like once a week. It’s super noticeable like you can definitely tell in older pictures

2016:

And it used to be worse! Before these pictures were taken I cut off a good 2-4 inches of hair that used to just hang down like ugly hairy icicles…made of hair

But now looking through more recent pictures it’s insane! Like my hair actually curls up at the ends and it feels better and looks better and I play with it all the time thinking “damn, my hair’s hella curly.”

2017:

(Yea I like that filter a lot)

Buuuuuuut LIKE LOOK AT THEM SCRUMPTIOUS CURLS ITS FUCKING AMAZING

Sorry for such a long post, I’m just proud to see how far it’s come and to see that it’s actually lively and not grossly disgustingly dead and stringy

Recovery is possible guys, and curls are beautiful too. Good luck on your own natural journeys, and rock those curls😁