Ectopic Pregnancy

Jenelle

Hey PCOS friends!

I’m writing this to let you know that it CAN happen, and maybe for a little bit of written therapy for myself.

So let’s go back to 3 years ago. I was 25 and diagnosed with PCOS. Over the past 3 years I have been told many, many times that I’m not going to get pregnant without the help of fertility drugs, and when I’m ready to start trying I would for sure need clomid.

Now fast forward to 1 month ago.

May 1- I had been feeling weird for a little over a month. My period was 3 weeks late, I had taken two pregnancy tests and they were both negative. Then I got it. It was different then usual though. Off and on bleeding for two weeks. I am usually like clockwork. I get it exactly when he <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android">glow app</a> says and it only ever lasts 4 days. I thought this was all weird but I attributed to the flu that I had experienced and some major life changes (a move, and some work related stress). Turns out it was not the flu.

May 1 I woke up a 4am with pain in my lower right abdomen. It was nothing crazy. I originally thought bad period cramps. Tried to go back to sleep but mostly just laid awake with this annoying pain. Got up, got ready for my day. Went for a hair appointment, feeling this pain throughout everything but again, the pain was not excruciating and I felt like I was being dramatic about it. I visited my mom shortly after and she insisted I take a trip to the ER. She thought it sounded like it could be my appendix. So I went. Urine sample showed nothing. Next up bloodwork and ultrasound. Both were completed and within minutes of my ultrasound I was hooked up to an iv, and within half an hour rushed into surgery. I was having an ectopic pregnancy. And it ruptured. So now I was bleeding out inside of my body.

Surgery went well and I am still recovering. I lost a Fallopian tube but can still have babies so fingers crossed that works out. And while the surgeon was in there he removed a large cyst off my ovaries. So maybe that will improve some of my symtoms. Object of my story- doctors don’t always know the answers to our fertility problems. I wish more doctors wouldn’t jump right to telling us that getting pregnant will be hard. It makes us go into it doubting ourselves and that can’t help anything. Good luck ladies!! 💕