Airline Meals when Pregnant

Ma

Hi all!

My husband and I are traveling to Australia to visit his family in July. Thoughts on whether I should request a special meal or do you think I’ll be OK with the regular meals served (won’t know what they are until we’re in the air).

I’m not a vegetarian, I just want to make sure I’m able to eat on the 15.5 hour flight!

Qantas offers a variety of choices for dietary restrictions:

-Gluten Intolerance: Do not contain wheat, rye, oats, barley or malt, any milk or milk products or any nut and nut products.

-Vegetarian (Asian Indian Style): Contain dairy products and are suitable for Hindu vegetarians.

-Vegetarian (Lacto Ovo): Do not contain meat, fish or seafood but may contain dairy products such as milk, butter, cheese and eggs or foods containing these.

-Vegetarian (Oriental): Contain vegetables, fruit, rice noodles and can contain nuts.

Vegetarian (Strict Indian): Do not contain any eggs, dairy or bulbous vegetables and are suitable for Hindu vegetarians.

Vegan: Contain fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and pulses and do not contain any animal products such as meat, poultry, seafood, eggs milk or honey.

Thanks!

Mally